Current Job Postings:
Administrator, Finance & Facility
Are you a conscientious, trustworthy person who is an effective communicator with a background in accounting or bookkeeping? The Community Arts Council of Prince George & District (CAC) is seeking an Administrator who will complete all bookkeeping tasks as well as manage our facilities. This is a full-time position ideally suited to someone who learns quickly, works well independently, is able to maintain confidentiality and has experience using Sage software. This is a development position, perfect for a recent graduate of an accounting / bookkeeping program. Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge of employment laws, experience processing payroll, and experience working in the non-profit sector.
The CAC is one of Prince George's most well-known and respected non-profit organizations, and is the umbrella organization for approximately 150 local artists and arts organizations. Celebrating it's 50th anniversary in 2018, the CAC is known for its exceptional programs, services and events, including Studio 2880, the Artisan Gift Shop, Studio Fair, Spring Arts Bazaar and many more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep up-to-date records of financial transactions in the computerized accounting system. Maintain the paper filing system for all financial records and supporting documents
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements for review by the Executive Director and the Treasurer
- Prepare preliminary draft annual financial statements and year end working documents for review by the Executive Director and the Treasurer. Prepare working papers and supporting documents required by the auditors
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget for review by the Treasurer and the Board of Directors
- Prepare payroll and maintain payroll records as required by the Employment Standards Act
- Prepare and send Records of Employment as requested by the Executive Director
- Prepare all T4 documents and send them to all current employees
- Review and ensure all taxes and other deductions are correctly calculated and are remitted on time and that all required reports relating to payroll are filed on time
- Carry out all accounts payable functions including preparing cheques for signature. Ensure all taxes are collected and remitted correctly and on time
- Carry out all accounts receivable functions, including issuing invoices and following up on outstanding receivables
-  Maintain petty cash account
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare adjusting entries for approval by the ED or Treasurer. Record approved adjusting entries
- Prepare all financial reports required by funding agencies and ensure these reports are submitted on time as requested by the Executive Director
- Prepare financial reports for fundraising events and other special events as needed
- Prepare special financial reports, as requested by the Executive Director, the Treasurer or the Board of Directors
- Confirm daily and weekly ledgers from the Gift Shoppe and Ticket Centre
- Prepare statistical reports and analyses on sales and business activities and trends
- Place orders and purchase supplies for the office and Gift Shoppe
- Assist in special events presented by the Community Arts Council and Studio 2880 as required. 
- Negotiate for the Executive Director’s approval the rental or lease of space to tenants on behalf of the Community Arts Council, and ensure that terms of these agreements are met
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning and maintenance, security services and alarm systems
- Co-ordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings and monitor progress and cost of work
- Complete regularly scheduled safety audits and facility inspections
- Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income and prepare reports
- Review rents to ensure standards are met
- Ensure that trouble calls received from clients or tenants are acted upon
- Administer damage deposits
- May hire and supervise building superintendents or other support staff performing operational, clerical or maintenance duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a minimum of nineteen years of age
- Minimum college diploma in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must have working knowledge of Sage Simply Accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in property administration
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Financial planning
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Budget and report creation
- Data and financial security
- Contract development and management
- Familiar with the Employment Standards Act of BC and associated Regulations
- Familiar with the Workers Compensation Act and associated Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
This is a full-time position of 35 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday (negotiable).
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email with “Administrator” in the subject line to the Executive Director, at email@example.com. To learn more about our organization please visit www.studio2880.com.
We thank all interested individuals and will contact only those candidates invited to interview for the positions.