The Community Arts Council of Prince George & District was established in 1968 to respond to a growing consciousness of the value of expanding the reputation of Prince George district artistic endeavours in both a provincial and national context. The community arts council has been a vital component of the Prince George district for almost 50 years. Since its founding, the community arts council and its members have been providing a wide range of services and programs that have helped contribute to the spirit of innovation, ingenuity and open-mindedness that defines the Prince George district. Our artists, performers, ensembles, artisan guilds and cultural organizations represent city residents from all walks of life. The heart of our organization has been located at Studio 2880 for the past forty years. These facilities have become a destination for people who wish to purchase locally created artworks, and access and benefit from the unique educational programs and services offered there.
The year 2016 is a celebratory year for us, with it being our 40th anniversary of being located in Studio 2880, concurring with our upcoming 40th anniversary Studio Fair, a signature three day event here in our region.
We will lead the development of our community into a recognized centre of creativity; a place where art has no boundaries.
To foster the arts, by providing events, programs and services, to residents and artists in our community.
1. To raise public awareness of arts and culture through education
2. To stimulate public interest and participation in the development of cultural projects and activities
3. To be a liaison between the arts and the public
4. To enlist and foster public interest and pride in the cultural heritage of our community
5. To bring to the attention of civic and provincial authorities the cultural needs of Prince George & District
1. Continuously develop & evaluate programs, services and events that are responsive to membe & community needs
2. Maximize attraction and retention of staff and volunteers through effective HR practices.
3. Provide effective and efficient services by continuously improving internal operations
4. Develop multiple stable and sustainable revenue streams.
5. Secure quality and high profile facilities for effective operation of the organization
The Community Arts Council manages two buildings; 2820 and 2880 15th Avenue. Building Studio 2820 houses the Community Arts Council administration office, Artisan Gift Shoppe & Ticket Centre, and CFIS Community Radio. Building Studio 2880 houses the 2880 Artists' Workshop, Prince George Potters' Guild, Prince George Symphony Orchestra, Prince George Weavers' and Spinners' Guild, Elks Lodge #122 and the Royal Purple #48, Music for Young Children.
Medium and large. A variety of time slots available! Check with our gift shop staff to sign the spaces out! Reasonable prices. Reduced rates for members and member groups! Ask us how to become a member.
The CAC's 2015-2016 Financial Statements are available by clicking here.